Saturday, January 2, 2010

A New Year A New Blog

After finishing the Leadman, I took a break from blogging but not from training. There was still one more thing on my list which was exactly 4 weeks after the Leadville Trail 100 Run. The Akron Marathon, in Akron, OH. It was a reunion of sorts with High School friends, especially two of my best friends Bill Stout and Karen (Jones) Gergon. Karen ran the marathon too, and it was her first. Karen is amazing, a mother of 9, grandmother, and just a year before could not run around the block. She finished with a huge smile and is ready to tackle it again next year! I on the other hand was tired from the very first step and slowly deteriorated throughout, pretty much walking and jogging the last four or so miles.

Karen Finishing the Akron Roadrunner Marathon

Took a break after the marathon and just rode my bike. In October, I went over the handlebars on the way to work and fractured my wrist. If your gonna break something, October is the best time to do it. I needed some time off anyway!

I've been ramping up the base miles since November, building on last year. I'm getting in some incredible rides and runs and 2010 is going to be great. I've got a ton of races planned both running and riding. Gonna try something other than Leadville. After 13 Leadville 100 MTB races, 3 Leadville 100 runs, and 2 Leadmans, I'm ready to move on to something else. The Breckenridge 100 Mountain Bike Race and the Grand Tetons 100 running race look like my main goals in 2010. Also on the calendar are several others such as the Gunnison Growler, the Baton Death March, the Collegiate Peaks 50, and the list goes on. Throw in the Bicycle Tour of Colorado, a Rim2Rim2Rim Grand Canyon run, and Ring the Peak (Pikes Peak) just for fun and it should be a quite an adventurous year. Welcome to 2010!

2 comments:

  1. Hell yeah, gonna be a great year Larry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See ya at Grand Teton and Collegiate Peaks, Larry. I also would like to do the Rim2Rim2Rim with you. Let's coordinate it.

    ReplyDelete